Weekend Yoga Workshops:
For anyone who would like time to themselves in a relaxing setting, with chance to explore and practise yoga for longer than the usual class allows. Yoga postures, breathing practices, relaxation and meditation. Suitable for all abilities.
‘Find a quiet retreat for the practice of yoga, sheltered from the wind, level and clean, free from rubbish, smouldering fires and ugliness and where the sound of water and beauty of the place help thought and contemplation.’ (Setasvatara Uanishad)
- Please book in advance and bring a mat, blanket etc Teas, coffee etc are provided and there is a short break mid-session.
- Saturday September 5th 2020 2pm to 5.30pm: Afternoon of outdoor yoga in Monk Soham, Suffolk Come and relax in a peaceful garden in a beautiful countryside setting and enjoy an afternoon of yoga, breathing practices and relaxation/meditation with home made cake and organic juices, teas and coffee provided £30
Rushmere St Andrew Village Hall, Humber Doucy Lane, Ipswich IP4 3PD £28:
- Saturday October 10th 2020 9.30-12.30pm Yoga for Stress, Anxiety and Tension Yoga’s well-deserved reputation for helping us de-stress, unwind and soothe the mind was known by the ancient yogis and expressed by Patanjali: Yogas citta vritti nirodah (yoga is the stilling of the fluctuations of the mind). Today we will be exploring helpful practices to ‘still the chattering mind’ so the ‘What ifs’? are diminished and forgotten.
- Saturday December 12th 2-5pm: Enjoy a peaceful end to the year to prepare you for the festive season, with an afternoon of restorative yoga and Candle meditation
- Saturday December 29th 2-5pm: Enjoy a peaceful end to the year to prepare you for the festive season, with an afternoon of restorative yoga and Candle meditation
“Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life.” (B. K. S. Iyenger)
Comments about weekend yoga:
“I love the relaxation and slow pace at the weekends after a busy week. It helps me to focus knowing I have plenty of time ahead. The healing technique was total bliss and unexpected (in a nice way). I shall try it out with like-minded friends.” (Ellie, Ipswich, October 2019 : Yoga & Healing for a balanced body and mind)
“Once again Yoga helped me to de-stress after yet another manic week, with not enough hours to do all the work required. Please count me in for the next one.” (Christina, July 2019: A Morning of Yoga to energise the body and clear the mind.)
“The size of hall, car park and number attending was perfect, Saturday was a lovely, quiet, calm morning. Thank you very much.” (Marion, November 2018: Finding more Joy Cultivating Contentment)
“It was a really friendly group, a nice hall and most importantly a great teacher. I found it really relaxing and especially enjoyed your quotations, which were very thought provoking.” (Kay, Ipswich November 2108: Finding more Joy- Cultivating Contentment)
“I found it really useful and felt so calm afterwards. The relaxation technique that you used with focusing on different parts of the body really let me relax, something that I find very difficult “ (Jane, Ipswich March 2018: ‘Yoga to Balance body, Mind and Energy’)
“Thank you for the Workshop on Saturday (Yoga for Healthy Ageing) which was very enjoyable and informative, and has encouraged me to take more care with posture and to concentrate more on weight bearing exercises!” (MM)
” A chance to empty worries from the mind whilst increasing flexibility.” (Val)
“I cannot thank you enough for the fantastic yoga and meditation session you ran today. It was absolutely wonderful. I arrived with a headache and very tense aching shoulders, as well as feeling very tired. And I came home, refreshed, head and shoulder ache free, and feeling incredibly calm, positive and relaxed.” (Katy)
“I very much enjoy the Saturday morning sessions. The longer period of time helps me to really explore and understand the yoga moves in more detail. You usually give a little background and history which I find really interesting i.e. that Yoga was used as a method for warriors/soldiers to keep fit. I love things that challenge my assumptions. It may seem that 2 1/2 to 3 hours is a long time to commit, but each time I am amazed how quickly the time goes, a sure sign of how much I enjoy the sessions. Thank you.” (Debbie)
“I really enjoy having the extra time to explore yoga practice more fully on a Saturday. It leaves me with a feeling of ‘well-ness’ for the rest of the day. You can also apply the understanding you get from a Saturday to your weekly classes, which enhances them too.” (Lucy )
Please contact me to book a place or for further information